The medical team at 7 Days Pediatrics provides the best pediatricians to care for your children in Edison and South Plainfield, NJ, while also serving the areas of Perth Amboy and Woodbridge, NJ.
What Is a Pediatrician?
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) defines a pediatrician as a doctor who specializes in the health and illnesses of children. They work with children from birth to adolescence, possibly into their young adult years. Most pediatricians are certified by the American Board of Pediatrics after the examination. It's best to find a pediatrician that is board certified as a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, (FAAP) showing these letters at the end of their name. The AAP states that pediatricians have met the highest level of membership as FAAP. To find the best pediatrician in Edison and South Plainfield, NJ, while also serving the areas of Perth Amboy and Woodbridge, NJ, 7 Days Pediatrics has some of the best pediatricians, due to their board certifications.
How To Choose A Pediatrician?
In addition to inquiring about the pediatrician's education and certifications, there are other factors to think about when choosing the best doctor for your child.
- The doctor's hospital affiliation and appointments - Find out what hospital the doctor is connected with if your child needs to be hospitalized. Also, if your child is hospitalized, when is the doctor available to see your child?
- The logistics of the office - It's important to find a pediatrician that has a convenient location, office hours, and access to public transportation. Find out if they offer weekend and evening hours as well. 7 Days Pediatrics in Edison and South Plainfield, NJ, while also serving the areas of Perth Amboy and Woodbridge, NJ, is open 7 days a week with evening hours on some days to meet your scheduling needs.
- The doctor shows care for your child - Make sure the doctor shows a genuine interest in your child's needs and concerns. In addition to the doctor's care, are the office staff also courteous and friendly? Also, do you feel rushed to complete the appointment, or is the staff patient with your needs?
- Understand how the doctor treats acute and complex illnesses - Make sure the doctor also explains medical issues and procedures clearly for your understanding and relief. Is there availability to treat acute illnesses immediately and does the doctor work with other specialists to treat complex illnesses?
- The process for billing and other documents is clear - It's important to find out what insurance companies the doctor is affiliated with, as well as forms and fees associated with care.
To find the best pediatrician, call 7 Days Pediatrics at (732) 548-3210 for our Edison and South Plainfield, NJ, offices that also serve the areas of Perth Amboy and Woodbridge, NJ